My Town Tutors is making a huge commitment to be the #1 tutoring resource for parents and teachers in America. Our motto is “Teachers are great tutors!” Parents love the fact that every teacher in our directory is a teacher! Our 50 day challenge is designed to connect with teachers who tutor in all 50 states.
With exam time round-the-corner, students are anxiously doing their last minute preparations and revisions to beat each other in the rat-race. Here are some study tips that would help you get an edge over others no matter what age-group you belong to. We give you a clear picture of where you are, where you’d like to go, and chalk out a plan for how to get there.
While caging yourself in the library might be tried and tested formula of ensuring a decent performance in an exam, we have compiled a list of study tips to help you develop a learning strategy besides allowing you to achieve your study goals.
- Set a goal: Be clear about the things you want to achieve. Just make sure to set realistic goals. Accordingly, you can aim to develop your study plan for the year ahead with your goals in mind.
- Chalk out a study plan: Time is priceless. The only way to combat pre-exam jitters is planning well in advance. This will help you get organised and make the most of your time. As the famous saying goes, “Fail to prepare and be prepared to fail”, so it’s better to be well-prepared before you appear in any test.
- Be Tech savvy: Online tools, social media, informative videos, mobile apps and blogs are at your disposal. So use them wisely. Online learning is a fad among the gen X and if used wisely can be of immense help!
- ‘Test’ of time: Deal with the exam pressure way before the main exam. Create a real exam environment and practice with regular tests. This is a great way to memories important formulas, facts, names, key dates etc.
- Collaboration is the key: Select a few diligent pals and get together every few days to revise what you have studied earlier. You can also use online mediums to form a group and discuss notes with each other.
- Time-Management: It is not the amount of time you spend studying that counts. It’s about how much you accomplish during that time. Spending 18 hours of your day being a bookworm and scoring abysmal is futile. Learn to manage your time well to capitalize on your results.
- Tell a tale: Everybody likes stories. They help us comprehend and memorise key details too. The same can be applied to your studies by weaving important facts into a story. The more ridiculous you make it, the better. It sounds crazy but it’s worth a shot.
- Write and shout it out: It’s scientifically proven that if you write important facts, you tend to comprehend it better. Besides, reading notes out loud, helps you memorize important details in two ways: visualizing it and hearing it.
- Gimme a break: In order to maintain an optimum level of concentration, distressing is very important. Taking regular short breaks help improve your focus besides boosting your productivity.
- De-stress is the formula: It’s a proven fact that meditation can reduce anxiety and boost attention span. It won’t hurt to spend 10 minutes in a day to meditate and combat those pre-test jitters.
Check out our tutoring resources page!
Author Bio: Homework Guru offers one-to-one learning solutions for students and professionals.A pioneer in the education space , we provide quality online tutoring /homework help/ exam preperation help to students across the globe at a very affordable price.With a diverse and highly educated tutor base of over 10,000 registered tutors ,we have been able make learning fun.
Our personalized teaching methods ensure that students not only work on basic and advanced concepts but also meet their long and short time academic goals.Though our services are utilized primarily for after school and summer study, Homework Guru is also used by home-schooled students, athletic coaches, youth counselors, probation officers as well as special needs and gifted students. Our goal is to supplement your current educational program by helping you or your child grasp difficult concepts, build good study habits and excel in school/college.
Please email us General Info: email@example.com