The Pi Day Joke blog is being sponsored by the Pi Day Challenge. the Pi Day Challenge is a series of puzzles that are logic-based. A team of logicians adapted or created these puzzles – some require research, some require mathematics, some require pure savvy. It is a great resource for High School Math teachers and students.
- What do you get when you cut a jack o’lantern by its diameter?… Pumpkin Pi!
- What do you get when you take green cheese and divide its circumference by its diameter?… Moon Pi.
- What do you get when you take the sun and divide its circumference by its diameter?…Pi in the sky.
- Mathematician: “Pi r squared” Baker:” No! Pies are round, cakes are square!
- What do we get when we take the object and order the rim by the diameter?…Pi in the sky by and by.
- In Alaska, where it gets very cold, pi is only 3.00. As you know, everything shrinks in the cold. They call it Eskimo pi.
- What do you get if you divide the circumference of a bowl of ice cream by its diameter?… Pi a’la mode.
- 3.14% of Sailors are PI rates!
- A mathematician, a physicist, and an engineer are all given identical
rubber balls and told to find the volume. They are given anything they
want to measure it, and have all the time they need. The mathematician pulls out a measuring tape and records the circumference. He then divides by two times pi to get the radius, cubes that, multiplies by pi again, and then multiplies by four-thirds and thereby calculates the volume.The physicist gets a bucket of water, places 1.00000 gallons of water in the bucket, drops in the ball, and measures the displacement to six significant figures. And the engineer? He writes down the serial number of the ball, and looks it up.
- The roundest knight at King Arthur’s was Sir Cumference… He ate too much Pi!
Parents, “teachers are great tutors!” Find one in your area today!