My Town Tutors is making a huge commitment for the 2014 – 2015 school year to be the #1 tutoring resource for parents and teachers in America.
Our motto is “Teachers are great tutors!” Parents love the fact that every teacher in our directory is a teacher!
As the summer begins to wind down, teachers look to the start of the school year. Here are some new and proven lessons to start the school year from some very respectable websites.
We hope some teachers might be able to incorporate these lessons and ideas to get the year of to a GREAT start:
- NEA: 5 Things to Do on the 1st Day
- Education World: Icebreakers Volume 4: Activities for the First Day of School
- National Council for the Teachers of English (NCTE): Back to School Lessons for the Middle Level Classroom
- National Council for the Teachers of Math: Begin the Year with a BANG, Starting the Year of Right, & The 1st Day of School and All Year Long
- Scholastic Teachers: Back-to-School Planning Guide
- The Lesson Plans Page: Back To School Resource Guide
- PBS News Hour:The Top 15 Lesson Plans for Back to School
- Teaching Heart: 1st Day Lesson Plans
- National Science Teachers Association (NSTA): First Day / Week of School
- TeachHub: 7 First Day of School Activities Students Love